Streamline Personnel Management with the Active Directory Bridge
You probably already use Microsoft’s Active Directory (AD) to manage and monitor the electronic resources of your facilities. Who has access to what computers, who can access patient medical records, who reviewed selected patient records last week.
• Manage Personnel Access – AD’s personnel database becomes single authority.
• Monitor – Cabinet access rules are updated , in real-time, by AD changes
• Report – AD audit reporting can show who has access to specific cabinets.
• Timely disbursement and control of medications
• Secured Access to equipment
The NetLock™ Active Directory Bridge (AD-Bridge) allows administrators of the NetLock™ Software suite to simplify the task of managing user identities within the enterprise.
As more and more independent software systems are introduced into an organization, it is not uncommon for system administrators to develop one-off (and error prone) processes to ensure that appropriate user access configurations are maintained across systems. End-users can benefit from solutions which relieve them of this burden by automating the management of user access permissions.
AD-Bridge accomplishes this task by automatically synchronizing user data between the customer’s Microsoft Active Directory™ and the NetLock™ Software suite.
• Eliminates the manual steps required to add and delete the users of the NetLock Access Control System.
• Reduces on-going operational costs by up to 50%, thru the
automation of user access configuration maintenance.
• Using Microsoft’s Active Directory™ as a central user control point improves organizational security. When personnel leave the organization, one operation will remove their access to the network, and all physical facilities.
• Leverages the customer’s existing Active Directory centric security policies and procedures that are used to meet regulatory reporting requirements, such as HIPAA or Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Allows multiple locations to have local, independent access control systems, and yet have a single master personnel database.
• Reduced Training Expenses. AD-Bridge leverages the Microsoft Active Directory’s Group Membership features, to allow the management of the ACS personnel configurations with the same techniques used to manage access to other corporate resources.
• The AD-Bridge’s extremely flexible field-mapping feature allows easy configuration of the system to match the current Microsoft Active Directory usage.
NetLock™ AD-Bridge Recommended Server Specifications
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008
NetLock™ AD-Bridge Examples: